Xconomy hosted an afternoon of demos, discovery, and discussion about robotics at SRI International in Menlo Park, CA on Apr. 11, 2013. Hot topics among the crowd of more than 200 people were how robots are changing the way we work and communicate, and what the “robot revolution” will mean for jobs and the economy.
- In this video segment, Wade Roush, chief correspondent at Xconomy, welcomes the 200+ attendees, SRI President and CEO Curt Carlson provides opening remarks, and Rodney Brooks, founder and CTO of Rethink Robotics, provides the first keynote address.
- In this video segment, Xconomy Chief Correspondent Wade Roush narrates a lively panel discussion on robots and jobs with Rich Mahoney, director of robotics, SRI International; Aaron Edsinger, co-founder and CTO, Redwood Robotics; and Vivek Wadhwa, VP of academics and innovation, Singularity University.
- In this video segment, Aldo Zini, President and CEO of Aethon, provide the event’s second keynote address.
- In this video segment, Xconomy Chief Correspondent Wade Roush moderates a panel discussion on telepresence robots in the office with Keller Rinaudo, founder and CEO, Romotive; David Cann, founder, Double Robotics; and Marcus Rosenthal, CEO, Revolve Robotics.
- In this video segment, Chris Anderson, CEO of 3D Robotics and former editor-in-chief of Wired magazine, provides the event’s third keynote address.
- In this video segment, Xconomy chief correspondent Wade Roush moderates a panel discussion on uses of robots in unconventional workplaces with Jim McCollum, CEO, Restoration Robotics; Wasiq Bokhari, Founder and CEO, Qbotix; John Kawola, CEO, Harvest Automation; and Ian Sherman, Head of Development, Bot & Dolly.
- In this video segment, Yulun Wang, CEO of InTouch Health and Colin Angle, co-founder and CEO of iRobot, discuss remote presence robots used in clinical settings. Angle presented remotely from Boston, Massachusetts via one of InTouch’s mobile robots.
- In this video segment, Xconomy chief correspondent Wade Roush moderates a discussion on venture capital investments in robotics with Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Ajay Agarwal, Managing Director, Bain Capital Ventures.
(Source: SRI International)