A devoted professional with 19+ years of combined experience in Website Design & Development, Marketing Strategies, and Fashion Design & Development. Roger is a hardworking and result-driven problem solver, who strives to deliver practical, cost-effective, and positive-sum solutions for companies and individuals as diverse as manufacturing to broadcasting.
WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
I design/develop interesting and super functional websites to attract users in a nourishing way.
I use WordPress to fully express my clients’ wants and needs.
SOCIAL MEDIA & SEO
I make Social Media work for you and your company. I provide the Search Engine Optimization essentials.
I have strong project management skills. Together with my sharp instincts, I strategize for success.
American Mensa Member
Website Designer | Developer | Webmaster
RelayBatons.com was founded in December 2013 in Simi Valley, CA by Steve and Ann Ringgold. Their idea was to inspire athletes in the Track & Field world by bringing an unique edge to the relay baton itself. One of the main features for the website is the novel “Baton Visual Customizer”, which helps to bring the company to another level.
Web and Marketing Assistant
• Manage revamped company websites to promote overall entrepreneurial thinking
• Maximize website traffic through SEO, content strategy, and social media marketing
• Perform marketing research and various business assignments
• Analyze and report website statistics using AWStats, Google Analytics, Alexa, etc.
Aug 2014–Aug 2018
Partner | CTO | Website and Marketing
• Analyzed and defined the branding strategy for CoffeeDog® specialty liqueur
• Generated promotional materials, including flyers, videos, and web contest
• Established the company website from ideation to implementation using Shopify and WordPress
Jun 2013–Aug 2013
Social Media Manager
Think A La Carte – Advertising & Marketing Service
• Strategized and set incremental goals for the customized Social Media campaign
• Amplified and reinforced company’s web presence to generate business leads
Jun 2006–Oct 2009
Consultant Media Design Services
• Provided project-based creative services on graphics, promotional apparel, etc.
• Increased visibility by strategically designing and custom-coding social network pages
Nov 2005–Jun 2006
Head Designer (women’s/men’s)
KJJ Sourcing, Inc.
• Conceptualized and developed brand identity for a better-priced denim line
• Oversaw all aspects of CHIQLE JEANS design development and pre-production
• Improved all design work and quality standards to meet company’s long term goals
• Increased sales by staying on top of the latest trends using forecast services, etc.
• Trained Assistant Designer to improve quality of artworks and techpack standards
• Developed new logo hardware, label set, edgy washes, and appealing embellishment
• Traveled to Asia for design inspiration and to improve sample production quality
Sep 2002–Jan 2005
Freelance Designer (women’s/men’s)
Nesi Apparel Group, LLC
• Assisted ROCAWEAR JUNIOR, LE TIGRE, SHADY LIMITED, and RUFF RYDERS teams
• Conceptualized highly marketable lineups with Head Designers and Merchandisers
• Traveled overseas to effectually accelerate sample development to meet deadlines
• Followed through on lab dips, strike-offs, fabrics, embellishments, and samples
• Boosted workflow for each team by refining and systematizing various processes
• Researched and developed fashionable prints, embroideries, trims, finishing, etc.
• Minimized errors among Design Department, Production, and the Hong Kong Office
May 2001–Oct 2001
Men’s Sportswear Associate Designer
The Enyce Clothing Company, Inc.
• Designed and merchandised with VP of Design and VP of Sales for ENYCE sportswear
• Optimized the design and development workflow by standardization and streamlining
• Resolved successfully and efficiently on broad range of design and production issues
• Prioritized and assigned projects effectively to appropriate Graphic Artists
Mar 2000–Feb 2001
Womenswear Associate Designer
Aris Industries, Inc.
• Developed and launched women’s BROOKS BROTHERS GOLF with Senior Designer
• Researched for sophisticated patterns, novelty stitches, tailoring constructions, etc.
• Followed up on design feedback from fitting, merchandising, and sales meetings
Web Programming (GPA: 3.81)
Santa Monica College
Fashion Design Program
Current Scene Specialization
Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY
International Fashion Design Exchange Program
Instituto Politecnico Internazionale della Moda
ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
HTML5 AND CSS3
WORDPRESS AND SHOPIFY
SOCIAL MEDIA & SEO
CEO – Bulldog Brewery LA, LLC
I have been working weekly with Mr. Yau over the year. The ideas that Mr. Yau have suggested have been some of the main contributions to my company’s success. Working with Mr. Roger Yau (Justin) has proven to be the best idea I have made for my company.
President – Nelson Davis Productions
I have worked with Roger Yau for over two years regarding our websites. He has done a very good job of developing, updated and maintained two sites for us, MakingItTV.com and MakingItInstitute.org. Roger thinks, analyzes problems and shares his thoughts well. Also he continues to stay aware of the latest technologies and update his skills. I highly recommend him.
Film Maker – Margin Films
Roger is a hardworking, efficient and well-rounded designer that can helped us from web design to styling and fashion needs. He has a pleasant personality and never says No to a job too small or complicated. We worked together on various projects over the year and I highly recommend Roger. Thank you.
make it so!
+1 (323) 770-3031